Recent gear reviews:
- Garmin Alpha 200i UPDATED review (It’s awesome!)
- Tenzing BV16 Upland Bird Vest
- Garmin Alpha 200i
- Quilomene Upland Bird Vest
- NEW! Best Upland Hunting Pants: Orvis PRO LT Upland Hunting Pants
- Garmin Alpha 100 and TT15/TT15-Mini: eating crow, and happy to do so!
- Dogbooties: Cordura dog boots from dogbooties.com
- Minimalist chukar hunting vest: Eberlestock Mini-Me Hydration Pack
- Chukar hunting boot: La Sportiva Gore-Tex® Trango S Evo Mountaineering
- Chukar hunting boots: Asolo, Zamberlan, AKU
- Chukar Hunting Vest: Q5 Centerfire
- Best chukar hunting pants: L.L. Bean’s Technical Upland Pants
- Best chukar hunting gun: Benelli Ultra Light 12-gauge
- Update on best chukar hunting gun: Benelli Ultra Light still rocks
- What’s In Your Vest?: A look at what chukar hunters bring along
- Badlands Upland Vest: A great vest for chukar hunting
- L.L. Bean Technical Upland Vest: A good idea gone wrong, at least for chukar hunting
- Cabela’s Lite ‘N Load Vest: An excellent, inexpensive chukar hunting vest
- Lightweight chukar hunting pants: Cabela’s Early Season Upland pants
- Solid chukar dog chest protector: Cabela’s Ripstop Chest Protector
Check back for upcoming reviews on:
- SPOT Gen3: fantastic technology, surprising billing
- Gun Dog Supply: great service, good prices, excellent selection
- Panasonic Lumix ZS50: point-and-shoot camera with amazing zoom
9 Replies to “Gear Reviews”
While enjoying your videos I continue to be concerned watching you hunt without eye protection. As a fellow hunter who lost vision in my left eye several years ago I am always watching for this unsafe condition. Not a directive; just a reminder and a personal concern for you.
Kent, thanks for the reminder. You’re entirely right. I need to remember this. Now that my wife is getting into it, we’ll both have to make sure we’re covered. I appreciate your concern. Thanks again.
How about hearing protection? Have you two ever used these earbuds while chukar hunting?
Thanks for your comment, Charles. You didn’t provide a link or description of the earbuds you’re referring to. I’m curious. I’ve used hearing protection before, but the low-cost ones I had blocked too much sound for me to continue using them.
Thank you for getting back to me and I apologize for not entering the website. Take a look and let me know what you think and if you have heard anything about these earbud and something similar for hearing protection.
Hey Charles, thanks for the link. Those look like they might be good, but being unemployed right now it’s not in my budget. I sent them a message asking if they’d be willing to let me test a set to review. We’ll see what they say. If they do, then I’ll post a review. I appreciate you asking about these.
Good evening. Just curious if you have every tried Chrispi boots? I’m interested in them, but not sure which ones would be best for chukar hunting.
Thanks for your time,
Hi Phil, I haven’t used Crispi boots but a friend of mine has and likes that they fit his wide foot. He doesn’t like how quickly they fell apart. I looked at them and thought they weren’t as well constructed as Asolo and La Sportiva boots of a similar build. I have heard people rave about Crispi boots, though, so I’m not sure what to say other than the minimal stuff I’ve said here… (but I am sold on La Sportiva, for my foot)…
Thank you sir.